These Terms of Service (“Terms”) apply to your access to and use of the websites, mobile applications and other online products and services (collectively, the “Services”) provided by Telescope (“Telescope” or “we”). By clicking your consent (e.g. “Continue,” “Sign-in,” or “Sign-up,”) or by using our Services, you agree to these Terms.
Your Account and Responsibilities
- You’re responsible for your use of the Services and any content you provide, including compliance with applicable laws. Content on the Services may be protected by others’ intellectual property rights. Please don’t copy, upload, download, or share content unless you have the right to do so.
- You may need to register for an account to access some or all of our Services. Help us keep your account protected. Safeguard your password to the account, and keep your account information current. We recommend that you do not share your password with others.
- If you’re accepting these Terms and using the Services on behalf of someone else (such as another person or entity), you represent that you’re authorized to do so, and in that case the words “you” or “your” in these Terms include that other person or entity.
- To use our Services, you must be at least 13 years old.
- If you use the Services to access, collect, or use personal information about other Telescope users (“Personal Information”), you agree to do so in compliance with applicable laws. You further agree not to sell any Personal Information, where the term “sell” has the meaning given to it under applicable laws.
- For Personal Information you provide to us (e.g. as a Newsletter Editor), you represent and warrant that you have lawfully collected the Personal Information and that you or a third party has provided all required notices and collected all required consents before collecting the Personal Information. You further represent and warrant that Telescope’s use of such Personal Information in accordance with the purposes for which you provided us the Personal Information will not violate, misappropriate or infringe any rights of another (including intellectual property rights or privacy rights) and will not cause us to violate any applicable laws.
- The materials on our website are provided on an 'as is' basis. Telescope makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
- Further, Telescope does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
- Telescope has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Telescope of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user's own risk.
Telescope may review your conduct and content for compliance with these Terms, and reserves the right to remove any violating content.
Telescope reserves the right to delete or disable content alleged to be infringing the intellectual property rights of others, and to terminate accounts of repeat infringers. We respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement if they comply with the law; please report such notices by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rights and Ownership
You retain your rights to any content you submit, post or display on or through the Services.
Unless otherwise agreed in writing, by submitting, posting, or displaying content on or through the Services, you grant Telescope a nonexclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, fully paid, and sublicensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, publicly perform and display your content and any name, username or likeness provided in connection with your content in all media formats and distribution methods now known or later developed on the Services.
Telescope needs this license because you own your content and Telescope therefore can’t display it across its various surfaces (i.e., mobile, web) without your permission.
You’re free to stop using our Services at any time. We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your access to the Services with or without notice.
Membership and Payments
- Telescope allows you to access certain premium features or content in exchange for a one-time or recurring fee, as applicable (the “Member Services”). Your transactions and any other use of the Member Services are subject to these Terms of Service (“Membership Terms of Service”).
- Subscription fees for the Member Services are recurring payments (except where identified as otherwise). The term may be monthly or annual, as described in the course the of transaction. Your subscription begins upon payment of a first installment of subscription fees. The subscription renews monthly or annually as applicable upon the payment of automatically recurring subscription fees. Monthly or annual fees are charged on the same day of the month that the subscription began. (For example, if a monthly subscription began on the 29th, 30th, or 31st day of a month, then membership will renew on the last day of any month that doesn’t have that many days)
- Telescope accepts payment via the current payment method indicated at time of purchase and uses Paddle as a third-party solution that handles payments and transactions. You agree to abide by any relevant Terms of Service or other legal agreement whether with Telescope, Paddle, or another third party, that governs your use of a given payment processing method. Prices for Member Services may change at any time, and Telescope does not provide price protection or refunds in the event of a price reduction or promotional offering. You agree to pay for any Member Services that you order (except during a free trial period). Paddle will charge your credit card or other form of payment for the price listed on the relevant Member Services offer, along with any additional amounts relating to applicable taxes, bank fees and currency fluctuations. If you purchase any automatically renewing subscriptions, you agree that Paddle will charge the payment method on file on the first day of each billing period for the relevant subscription, and if the payment method on file becomes invalid due to an expired credit card or other similar reason and we are unable to charge you on the next billing period, Telescope reserves the right to immediately revoke your access to any Member Services you have ordered until you update your payment method. If you fail to update your payment method within a reasonable amount of time, Telescope may cancel your subscription.
- You can cancel your Member Services at any time. If you purchase a subscription to Member Services that automatically renews, you may cancel the subscription any time before the end of the current billing period and the cancellation will take effect on the next billing period, except as otherwise communicated to you by Telescope. You will retain access to the Member Services from the time you cancel until the start of the next billing period, and will not receive a refund or credit for any remaining days in your current billing period. Subscription fees paid are final and nonrefundable, unless otherwise determined by the Telescope. If Telescope reasonably determines that a user has violated these Membership Terms of Services, Telescope may immediately terminate the subscription and the user’s access to Member Services without notice and without refund. Refund requests should be directed to email@example.com.
- Telescope may offer free trials to new Member Service subscribers. If you initiate a subscription to Member Services through a free trial offer, you will receive free access to such Member Services for the duration of the free trial period. At the end of the applicable free trial period, you will be charged the price of the subscription and will continue to be charged until you cancel your subscription. To avoid any charges, you must cancel before the end of the free trial period.
We may make changes to these Terms from time to time. If we make changes, we’ll provide you with notice of them by sending an email to the email address associated with your account, offering an in-product notification, or updating the date at the top of these Terms. Unless we say otherwise in our notice, the amended Terms will be effective immediately, and your continued use of our Services after we provide such notice will confirm your acceptance of the changes. If you don’t agree to the amended Terms, you must stop using our Services.
This terms are effective as of 13 July 2022.