Your privacy is important to us. It is Telescope's policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you across our website, https://telescope.ac, https://editor.telescope.ac, and other sites we own and operate.
In general, we don't ask for any personal information. We also don’t share any personally identifying information publicly or with third-parties, except when required to by law.
Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and practices of these sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy policies.
“Cookies” are small blocks of data created by a web server while a user is browsing a website and placed on the user’s computer or other device by the user’s web browser;
“Data Processors” or “Service Provider” means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively;
“Data Subject” is any living individual who is the subject of Personal Data;
“Personal Data” means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession);
“Usage Data” means data collected automatically either generated by the use of Service or from Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit); and
“User(s)” means the person(s) using our Service and who corresponds to the Data Subject, which is the subject of Personal Data.
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes.
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information includes:
- Email address;
We may also collect the impersonalized IP address information, the pages of our Service that you visit, and other diagnostic data. We don’t share any of this data with third-parties, except when required to by law.
- We doesn’t ask for location and don’t use your precise location data.
- However, we get country by your IP address and store this information in impersonalized and unidentifyable way.
- Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device.
- You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to log in and use parts of our service.
- We don’t use any of cookies for marketing purposes.
- All the cookies get deleted after you log out.
Use of Data
We use the collected data for various purposes such as:
- To provide and maintain our Service;
- To notify you about changes to our Service;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so;
- To provide customer support;
- To monitor the usage of our Service;
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- To provide you with notices about your account and/or subscription, including expiration and renewal notices, email-instructions, etc.;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- For any other purpose but only with your consent.
Retention of Data
- We will also retain Usage Data (which is impersonalized and is limited to your IP address and the country) for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Disclosure of Data
Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities.
We may also disclose your e-mail address to our e-mail service provider to send you both transactional and marketing e-mails. No other information will be shared in this case. Marketing e-mails are only being sent with your consent, which can be withdrawn at any time.
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us, and we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, even if it cannot be used to identify you.
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- If you are a resident of the European Union (EU) and European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights, covered by GDPR. See more at https://eur-lex.europa.eu/eli/reg/2016/679/oj
- We aim to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
- If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the following data protection rights:
- the right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you;
- the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete;
- the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data;
- the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information;
- the right to be provided with a copy of your Personal Data in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format; and
- the right to withdraw your consent at any time where we rely on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. Please note, we may not able to provide Service without some necessary data.
- We may employ third party companies to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), provide Service on our behalf.
- These third parties will have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf, and the amount of Personal Data they will get will be limited to a bare required minimum.
- Currently, the list of Service Providers we use is limited to Mailchimp, Twilio Sendgrid, and Paddle (for payments).
We don’t use any third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
We don’t use any third-party Service Providers to show advertisements to you.
- We may provide paid products and/or services within Service. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
Links to Other Sites
- We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
- Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
- We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us.
If you have any questions about how we handle user data and personal information, feel free to contact us (email@example.com).
This policy is effective as of 13 July 2022.